Artist, Art Therapy, Psychotherapy and Belief Statement

I believe all people have the need and ability to create. Using various art and therapy methods I provide a safe and empathetic environment, to encourage life-enhancing expression that brings wholeness, physically, emotionally and spiritually to people's life.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Today is a new day

Have you enjoyed the wonderful fall weather? We've biked, gone on walks, sat by the fire. It is a nice continuance of the summer relaxation.

But I've also been full steam ahead with Tangle classes, cooking for work, quilting, and supporting family and church. I always find myself very busy. Hmm.

I have had enquiries from people in North part of New York state, London, On., and Waterford, On. I hope that I can accommodate these requests for experiencing the art of Zentangles. If you are in these areas, let me know and I will be able to add you to the contacts for these area venues.

As for recent class works, here are some great Zentangles from the latest class at the A.M. Milton Gallery.  Wonderful work and excitement.

As well I have completed a quilting project I started in June. The Sewing Machine Factory Outlet referred a lady to me, for possibly creating quilts out of her mother's clothes. Although a task like this is often tedious, I have a soft spot for supporting people through grief. In the meantime, this ladies brother also died. And so I incorporating his clothes into the quilts as well. I tried to create a feeling of brightness in the center to express the hope that we can feel despite the grief that often accompanies the "passing" of a close person.
Comments are appreciated.

enjoy your moments, you'll never see them again.

1 comment:

  1. You sound like a nice person to know. I think that project with the quilts would be quite heart-rending. Trying to match those fabrics would be pretty tricky. But the outcome for that lady...well she'll love the quilt won't she.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete