Artist, Art Therapy, Psychotherapy and Belief Statement

I believe all people have the need and ability to create. Using various art and therapy methods I provide a safe and empathetic environment, to encourage life-enhancing expression that brings wholeness, physically, emotionally and spiritually to people's life.

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Diva #200

Congratulations Laura Harms on your 200th challenge. What a feat... and I know you have lots more coming. You are an inspiration to all.

I must admit though; you said to do a monotangle. I kinda failed. :-}  I turn to swirls, like mooka when I need calming. Of course, I don't usually do just mooka. It gets filled in with all sorts of organic patterns. So it is what it is.

As you can see, organic tangles are my thing. Below is Week 2 of the Our Tangled Lives art journal. The aim was to incorporate a mission statement or quote that resonates with you. I developed my word of the year, "Embody" into an acrostic poem.  And then the frame is leafy things.

I am developing my art journalling. Generally, I just create art. I start colouring, and let a thought and colour take me. I don't plan much. Art is a process to me. It is not always about the end product. It is about what I feel and think while I am doing art.


This 3rd weeks art journal prompt is to create a snowflake from our initials, and use it as a string. The theme is "we are all unique". I agree, we are unique; although I find that we are more similar than unique, and this is what binds us together. In our minor differences, we find gifts and interests in knowing each other. These are the gems of life. However overall, we are similar, and knowing this helps us from becoming isolated.

Tangle On! deb

No comments:

Post a Comment