Artist, Art Therapy, Psychotherapy and Belief Statement

I believe all people have the need and ability to create. Using various art and therapy methods I provide a safe and empathetic environment, to encourage life-enhancing expression that brings wholeness, physically, emotionally and spiritually to people's life.

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Challenge #155 & Upcoming Classes

Thank you Laura Harms, for your latest Diva Challenge. This challenge was very well timed, as it coincided with some of my other homework tasks. Laura's challenge of leaving a large white space, provided an area for me to create a Zentangle that spoke to me regarding the philosophy of the therapeutic relationship. Yea. deep, I know. But that is exactly what art and therefore Zentangles does for us. It helps us integrate what we are seeing, feeling and processing cognitively in our world.

The space in the center spoke to me of the space that is between the therapist and the client. The outer patterns are the concerns, worries, thoughts and behaviours that are brought into the counselling relationship, and discussed. The space in the middle is necessary for the client to be heard and understood.


Secondly, I have a few spots this Saturday, Feb. 22;  for Zentangle 101 or A Bit More. email me. deb@kopeschny.ca. If you have attended either class before, you will learn more again - I always change the patterns in the classes to accommodate repeat tanglers.

Also, I have set a date for my next Edmonton class. Sunday, March 9; from 10:00-12noon; and 12:30-2:30 p.m.. I will be sending out more notices, but keep this date in mind for your next class.

Tangle on. deb

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your completed tile. It flows so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading the backstory to your tile :) Lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Helen, thanks for your comments. sometimes I hesitate to share personal reflections, but I am buoyed by peoples comments and appreciation. By the Way; thanks for your blog, I draw much inspiration from you work. Take care. Deb

      Delete
  3. I like your Mooka, being the string. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne, I wasn't thinking of my curlicues as Mooka - but you are correct! I don't always remember the names of what I draw. Take care. deb

      Delete
  4. Wonderful tile and thank you for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Hello Margaret, good to hear from you. I love zingers - one of my favorite elements to add. Take care. deb

      Delete
  6. I love those pointy Pokeroots in the corner, and I have never seen Paradox done in a zigzag before, but I like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dayna for your kind comments. I look forward to your challenges and posts. Take care. deb

      Delete