Artist, Art Therapy, Psychotherapy and Belief Statement

I believe all people have the need and ability to create. Using various art and therapy methods I provide a safe and empathetic environment, to encourage life-enhancing expression that brings wholeness, physically, emotionally and spiritually to people's life.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Curved Piecing

Here's a twist on some of what I do. I will be teaching my first class at the Quilter's Block on Curved Piecing. I have done various presentations on photos on fabric, drawing on fabric, stabilisers, and now I will lead my first specific sewing class. Many customers have asked me to teach them how to machine quilt - and I have declined, stating that it is difficult for me to teach machine quilting when I use a long-arm, and others use a domestic. It is not the same motion, and task. In my training from other professional long-armers, and teachers, is to practice drawing. So I became a Certified Zentangle Teacher so that I can teach this easy process of  drawing which can be translated into machine quilting.

But the curved piecing class (to be held after Easter) will be my first specific sewing class. I'm excited. Below is the class sample. Come learn how to easily and freely cut a curve and piece it back together. You will learn to piece without pins, and have a new method of piecing and add unique movement to your quilts.




curved piecing fun!
deb

No comments:

Post a Comment