Artist, Art Therapy, Psychotherapy and Belief Statement

I believe all people have the need and ability to create. Using various art and therapy methods I provide a safe and empathetic environment, to encourage life-enhancing expression that brings wholeness, physically, emotionally and spiritually to people's life.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Finally Quilt photos!


Yea, Yea, this is a quilting blog. not just a reflections blog.

So here you have it. I am posting some photos from the recent quilting retreat I went on.


In the beginning I was grumbling about packing all my stuff up to go away. Why can't I just retreat to my own corner and have time to myself? Then i won't have to cart all this fabric and thread and ... you know stuff to some place else. I was not looking forward to it.


But all you quilters know, that life gets in the way, and often we fail to dedicate ourselves to what we want to do most. Most of us are puritanical hardworkers, who feel guilty for doing something we enjoy so much. So protestant ethics aside, I packed my goods and headed off to a weekend with my fabric and machine, and fellow quilters.

Despite falling ill, I was able to focus and complete a few tops that have been mulling about in my head. These are experiments in colour and creative play. Now I just need to dedicate time to quilting them.
!

Enjoy the photos

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes, our quilting retreat. We had a great time and got so much accomplished! Your mind was really buzzing that weekend and look at all the amazing results. Way to go, Deb!

    ReplyDelete