Artist, Art Therapy, Psychotherapy and Belief Statement

I believe all people have the need and ability to create. Using various art and therapy methods I provide a safe and empathetic environment, to encourage life-enhancing expression that brings wholeness, physically, emotionally and spiritually to people's life.

Thursday, August 25, 2016

New Beginnings and Opportunities for Growth

This summer has been a roller coaster of emotions, struggles and growth. Between changes with my thesis, numerous submission for employment, supporting my children through individuation, weddings, and monumental birthdays there has been endless room for learning and growing - as long as I accept the task. It has not been easy. Sometimes our dreams get lost in the everyday demands and our responses to 'survival' require alternative focuses that distract us.

As I begin the new stage in my career, and my role in my family, I see opportunities for my own blossoming, and that of my family. I see it as my role to let go of my desire to 'be everything' for my family. This enables both of us to grow. Family is this binding and loosening of our connections. I see, that in the loosening of my everyday involvement, there will be a rubber band effect. They will both stretch and grow, and yet come back when needed. This is what I want for them. This is what I want for myself.

And so, I expand too; as I become more confident in this internal ability and strengths that can only be expressed. So be it. I am ready to let these abilities out. And it is exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment