Artist, Art Therapy, Psychotherapy and Belief Statement

I believe all people have the need and ability to create. Using various art and therapy methods I provide a safe and empathetic environment, to encourage life-enhancing expression that brings wholeness, physically, emotionally and spiritually to people's life.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Quilting? Zentangles? Where is the connection?

As I began creating this blog, it was mainly about quilting. So why the addition of Zentangles? Well, I began "zentangling" 2 years again, when I read a fellow quilters blog who zentangled. She is from New Hampshire. I had been drawing and sketching already for several years. I used the continuous sketching to help my quilting, as I am a long-arm quilter. My specialty is freestyle quilting which is a continuous line drawing on quilts. I love to do this. By using the Zentangle technique I am able to enhance my style, skills and design possiblities when I am quilting. It is a natural spill-over.

This quilt is an excellent example of how I use many of the different styles and line drawing I practice while Zentangling. The heading of my blog, is another example of this drawing.

As I draw, I realise so many areas where art is helpful in my daily life. Mental Health is an important topic and interest of mine. I hope to use this art form to help others increase their self-esteem and encourage others to be the Creative Being that God has called us to be - in all aspects of our lives. Draw On!

4 comments:

  1. HI Fellow Ontarian!
    Love your drawings, you must tell me what zentangles are... I also have a blog... check me out if you get a chance. I am going to follow you, i like your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you posted a link to your blog from the QA list! I am 100% fascinated with Zentangles now. I had never heard of this before your blog. I spent the last few hours reading the Zentangles blog and past newsletters and have drawn my first. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Added your blog to my favs list. Zentangle looks and sounds facinating. Glad you told us where you are on QA list. Long Arm quilter myself though not as often as I would like. Life gets in the way, LOL. Hope you post more photos as you quilt along your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there!

    I KNEW that was your work! Rick and Maria posted a photo and a comment wondering whose work it was. You must go there - immediatamente - and let them know!

    I'm glad to hear that the rest of your trip was a good time. Been thinking of you and hoping you're well!

    ReplyDelete